Sunday 21 December 2014

Wasim Akram

Wasim Akram Biography

Source(google.com.pk)
A dream cricketer. At his best Wasim Akram plays like most of us would wish to. He has complete mastery over swing and seam, and sometimes moves the ball both ways in one delivery. All this comes at high speed from a quick, ball-concealing action, and is backed up by the threat of a dangerous bouncer or deceptive slower delivery. Akram is rated by many as the best left-arm fast bowler of all time, and his career record certainly bears that out - along with the high regard of his contemporaries. He hit like a kicking horse, but batsmanship was one skill in which Akram underachieved, despite a monumental 257 against Zimbabwe in Sheikhupura in 1996-97. He was the natural successor to Imran Khan as Pakistan's leader and captain, but the match-fixing controversies of the 1990s harmed him, blunting his edge and dimming his lustre. Though he reached the 500-wicket landmark in ODIs in the 2003 World Cup, he was among the eight players dumped after Pakistan's miserable performance. He retired shortly after, following a brief spell with Hampshire. Find Wasim Akram profile and stats of batting, bowling and fielding including latest updated news of Wasim Akram, videos and images at Hamariweb.com. Also find detail Player profile and career statistics of Wasim Akram of Pakistan.
Full name Wasim Akram
Born June 3, 1966, Lahore, Punjab
Current age 48 years 190 days
Major teams Pakistan, Hampshire, Lahore, Lancashire, Pakistan Automobiles Corporation, Pakistan International Airlines
Batting style Left-hand bat
Bowling Style Left-arm fast
 Wasim Akram

 Wasim Akram Career Statistics

Batting & Fielding Statistics
Test ODI T20
Matches Played 104 356
Innings Played 147 280
Not Outs 19 55
Runs 2898 3717
Highest 257* 86
Average 22.64 16.52
Balls Faced 4208
St/R 88.33
100's 3 0
50's 7 6
4's
6's 57
Catches Taken 44 88
Stumpings Made 0 0

Bowling Statistics
Test ODI T20
Matches Played 104 356
Innings Played 181 351
Balls 22627 18186
Runs 9779 11812
Wickets 414 502
Best Inning Bowling 7/119 5/15
Best Match Bowling 11/110 5/15
Average 23.62 23.52
Economy Rate 2.59 3.89
St/R 54.6 36.2
4 Wickets 20 17
5 Wickets 25 6
10 Wickets 5 0

KARACHI: Famed Pakistan paceman Wasim Akram on Wednesday announced that he had married his Australian girlfriend, Shaniera Thompson, saying he has started a new life on a happy note.
“I married Shaniera in Lahore last week in a simple ceremony and this is the start of a new life for me, my wife and for my kids,” Wasim told AFP.
The 47-year-old’s first wife Huma died in 2009 after multiple organ failure.
Wasim proposed to 30-year-old Thompson, a former public relations consultant, on bended knee last month.
Thompson came to Karachi earlier this month before going to Lahore to see Wasim’s ailing father, where the marriage was solemnised.
Wasim said Thompson had converted to Islam and is learning Urdu.
“She has embraced Islam and is learning our language. She has been close to my sons and they form a very good bond,” said Wasim of his two sons from his first marriage.
Wasim played 104 Tests and 356 one-day internationals for Pakistan in a career lasting from 1984 to 2003.
He was regarded as one of the best left-arm fast bowlers to have played the game and remains a major celebrity in Pakistan.
Wasim was player of the tournament in the country’s only triumph in the World Cup, in Australia in 1992. He captained Pakistan to a runners-up finish in the 1999 World Cup in England.
Quotes from Wasim Akram, who was guest on 'Comedy Nights With Kapil' on Colors

"There is more pressure in Indo-Pak games than in the Ashes"
"Lose a match to India and go home, you'll find your grandmother ready to scold you"
"The thrill of an Indo-Pak game is such that even a fruit-seller would stop selling fruits to watch it"
"I was batting with a great Pakistani batsman against Australia, who was batting on 80. Glenn McGrath was constantly swearing at him. I went to that batsman and told him about the sledging to which his response was 'Let him swear, English is not my cup of tea'"
"I was about 20 years old, playing at Barbados, bowled a bouncer to Sir Viv Richards and starting sledging. He threatened to kill me to which I asked him not to as it's just a game. I was afraid, actually and I went to Imran Khan, who very confidently vowed to take care of him. I bowled more bouncers and made some signs with the hands. I bowled him and sweared at him again"
"That evening, Sir Viv was waiting for me outside my hotel room, with a bat in hand. I asked Imran Khan to talk to him on which he asked me to mind my own business. I apologized to Sir Viv Richards and somehow got away"
"Inzamam-ul-Haq was batting on 90 at Sharjah and I was batting with him. Ambrose yorked him and the ball hit his toe, due to which he fell down. I ran for a single and reached the other end, only to find him still falling there. He got up and asked me 'What are you doing here, Wasim bhai?' I replied to him, saying 'I have come here to bow you, mate'"
"Inzamam never admitted he was a poor runner between the wickets"
"Inzamam always used to blame others for his run out dismissals"
"During the Delhi Test, where Kumble took 10 wickets, Inzamam was batting. The entire stadium started chanting 'Potato, Potato' He got upset and came to me. I asked him to cool down to which he replied 'Won't you get upset if 50,000 people start calling you a potato'"
"Imran Khan and Kapil Dev used to keep a track of each others' performances"
"There was a professional rivalry between the two of them"
"Navjot Sidhu was always too good against the spinners"
"We never let him drive the ball as he was very good at it"
"I always used to copy the great Imran Khan"
"I used to copy everything of his, including his hairstyle, clothing etc"
"You should not blame your wives or your girlfriends, when you are not doing well"
"I always wanted to get Sunil Gavaskar out and got rid of him only once in his career"
"We played a lot of matches against him and only in Hyderabad, I was successful against him"
"I still remember his wicket, he was caught at second slip"
"These days, MS Dhoni is the best finisher in cricket"
"I feel I would have struggled bowling to MS Dhoni had I been playing now"
"I have not been asked to coach Pakistan as yet"
"I have asked the PCB to call me up when I am free and in Pakistan"
"India are an excellent ODI side at the moment"
"We value foreign coaches a lot, which should not be the case"
"Boycott only came to mentor us in 2002. He had a peculiar speaking style, which was not easy to understand. He was talking to Imran Nazir, while I was running around and training. He was there to attend a promising youngsters camp. After 45 odd minutes, he let Imran go. I went to Imran and asked 'What did he say' He said 'I didn't understand a word' I replied 'Why were you nodding then' His answer 'Had I not nodded, he would have kept on speaking for two more hours'"
"I'd like to see Deepika Padukone, fielding at fine leg because she has fine legs"
"Emran Hashmi would do a good job, fielding at gully"
"Malika Sherawat should be made to field at covers, while Sunny Leone at extra-cover"
"Virat Kohli should play the role of Chulbul Panday of Dabanng"
"Imran Khan should be Gabbar Singh of Sholay"
"He knew our psyche and swear at us, when we had a bad match. We would not be able to sleep for the next three days"
"He used to watch the highlights and identify our shortcomings very easily"
"I can easily be distracted by girls"
"Waqar and I use to fight with each other on who would field at fine leg"
"I always knew Sachin Tendulkar would become a legend one day"
"In the Sialkot Test, he scored a fifty against us in very tough conditions."
"He had a never-give-up attitude, which made him special"

Wasim Akram


Wasim Akram

Wasim Akram

Wasim Akram

Wasim Akram

Wasim Akram

Wasim Akram

Wasim Akram

Wasim Akram

Wasim Akram

Wasim Akram

No comments:

Post a Comment